Chocolate Protein Energy Balls
Makes around 10-12 balls depending on size.
- 1 cup of Medjool Dates
- 2 tbsp chia or flax seeds
- 1 cup of raw nuts I used pecans and walnuts from Lidl as the are really fresh and great value! (Tip: Soaking nuts over night will activate their enzymes making them easier to digest and more nutritious)
- 1 scoop of protein powder vanilla or chocolate flavour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil – melted
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Desiccated coconut flakes to coat
- Process the nuts in a food processor until chopped and place in a bowl.
- Process the rest of the ingredients, and slowly add the nuts back in.
- If the mixture is too dry add some more coconut oil.
- Form mixture into balls and roll in the coconut pieces, seeds, cocoa powder or just leave plain!
- Place in the fridge for half an hour to firm up & enjoy!