Chocolate Avocado Mousse
This Dessert is full of healthy fats, vitamin E, magnesium, zinc and iron. All amazing nutrients for your hormones making this perfect for ladies when they are craving chocolate at a certain time of the month!!
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp of raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp of tinned coconut milk – the creamy part!
- 2 tsp of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp natural vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of Maca (this is optional but it gives it a lovely flavour!)
- If you want to increase fibre content add 1 tbsp of chia seeds, they help the mousse to set nicely.
- Optional toppings: flaked almonds, strawberries, cocoa nibs, grated dark chocolate
- Add the avocado and coconut cream to a large bowl and mash together with a fork.
- Add the cacoa powder, maca, chia seeds, vanilla extract and honey.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet and then finish off with a hand blender to produce the creamy mousse consisitency.
- Transfer the mousse to individual bowls and store in the fridge for 20 minutes to set or until ready to eat.